AMAZING ENDING!! I was even crying when I read the last ten pages! This book actually had so many life lessons and also made me think about family members who have passed away. Are all of our lost ones really looking down on us, reading our thoughts, living our experiences with us? I don't want to give too much away, but towards the end something really surprising happens and I was so happy for the main character, Susie. The entire book I really enjoyed reading about the life she left behind, however many parts of the book are sad and have unfortunate outcomes.
Actually, Susie's interest with her family on Earth doesn't seem to wane even after a long period of time. I don't mean to sound callous, but Susie has all of Heaven however she is only concerned with minor, even unimportant details in the lives of her family. At the end I think she finally accepts what has happened after several years, although she will never forget. This really conveys how strong a child's connection is with their family and how hard it is, especially for child, to be separated from those they love. I think that usually when people die, everyone on Earth mourns and acts like it is a major loss for themselves but nobody had really ever considered the person who died. I'm sure the person who passed away also miss everyone on Earth, but usually we say that they are "in a better place". After reading this story, I think that line is just our excuse to feel better about death and the effects it has on the living and dead. Especially with the touching ending to wrap it up, this book is up there with the rest of my favorite books and I highly suggest reading it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment