Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Secret Garden--Perfect Ending!

Although this wasn't the most eventful novel, I really enjoyed reading it. As I have said in the previous blogs, I was really able to notice the character change of Mary and Colin by the end of the story. It is amazing how the garden actually helped change them from being bratty children into being positive. By the end, their thoughts were influenced by the beautiful garden surroundings. This environment determined their health and well-being.

Compared to the movie, I personally like the book better. However in the movie, Colin is portrayed exactly how I imagined him to be. The actor did a good job taking on the traits that describe Colin in the novel--negative, moody, and even hysteric at times. overall, I'm really glad i read the book and would suggested it to anyone. It is a great classic and pretty easy to understand. Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment