Thursday, May 13, 2010
The Secret Garden--Almost Done!
I'm not done with the book yet but I'm getting there. I'm enjoying the storyline a lot. I find it interesting that when Mary first arrived, she was poorly misbehaved and acted like a delinquent, which made her no different than Colin. Even before she arrived at the manner, all the servant practically gave up changing Colin's bad behavior and gave in to his need for negative attention. However, Mary was just the type of person Colin needed in order to change his negative attitude: she is a blatant and tells Colin straightly how she feels. Usually when Colin has horrible tantrums, the servants feed him sympathy, causing him to believe in his ailments, even though they are a work of his imagination. Mary will tell him straight out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him and that he has to stop. I guess I just find it funny how so many adults gave up changing Colin's immature and demanding behavior, and then when a young girl, who is quiet outspoken herself, lives with Colin, she has such an different impact on him that no one else could have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment