Once again, as I said in my last blog, this is a pretty good book, but I STILL don't understand the author's motive for completely changing the subject of the novel in the middle. Yes, I think the author has a really great tone to the book. I like the first-person point of view of the main character and the honesty Micah (the main charachter) has when talking to the reader. The tone really adds a lot to the story.
However, the author, in my opinion, is a very weak writer because she diverges from the original plot. I still do not understand how having your boyfriend murdered links to the fact that you are a werewolf. Maybe, if Larbalestier had made two novels out of these two plots, the ending of this book would be different and it would actually relate to the beginning. Nevertheless, this was an enjoyable and light read (however certainly not the best book I have read). I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone, because overall the novel seems a bit pointless. Lets see how the last few chapters turn out and if Larbalestier can actually tie things together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment