Thursday, April 22, 2010

Done with Peeps, onto The Secret Garden

Peeps was a good book, but now I am getting a bit tired of the whole science fiction genre and the vampire plots. However, I do find it interesting to notice the different perspectives of vampires that the two different authors had when writing Twilight and The Peeps. In Twilight, Bella worships and glorifies Edward because of his vampire-like features. However, in The Peeps, being a "vampire" means that you have a disease and you are a carrier of the infection. Its odd how in The Peeps, being a vampire is considered having a sickness and that is why the characters are on a mission to find a solution to end their suffering. By reading these two separate books, it is interesting to see how the concept of being a vampire is up for interpretation and imagination.

For now, I am done with these fiction books and I want to read a more serious novel. I have seen the movie The Secret Garden and I enjoyed it so I am excited to see if I like the novel as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment