Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Color Purple-End

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. After I was able to adjust to the style of writing, I really enjoyed and appreciated the tone and style of the writing. I felt like i was involved in the story. I would highly suggest this novel because not only did i enjoy the different type of writing that the author used, but it has many meaningful values. I saw the transformation on the main character, Celie, and the independence and self respect that she gains for herself throughout the book. This book reminds me of Black Boy, because there are similar issues, such as rights, respect, and language.

Growing up in a society where there is equality between a husband and wife, I have never realized the independence that people, especially women, and how lucky we are to have it. The Color Purple was not only a good read, but it has made me thankful for all the rights, education, and wealth that our society has today.

No comments:

Post a Comment